I recently had an opportunity to interview for a gig setting up a CA (certificate authority) for a bank. I’m familiar with the design and implementation of a CA, However, When you’re not constantly working with something on a day to day basis, a bit of studying won’t hurt anyone especially me. This deep dive and refresh of knowledge has been good for the old noggin.
I’ve chosen to use PowerShell to assist with finding, managing and just generally working with PKI and certificates. I thought I’d jump in and reacquaint myself with the process and jump in I did.
I wanted to do the following.
- Monitor certificates on a machine
- Determine Validity of Certs on Machine
- Add Certs found on machine to Database for further analysis.
- Provide Reporting on a certs found created SSRS reports.
- Create an XML Object Model of a CERT.
Categories: PowerShell Posts