You know I have so many happy little experiments, that on occasion I wish I could duplicate some of them. 🙂 I was rendering with Daz 4.9 studio utilizing IRAY and had different issues with the actors in the scenes.
When I started to create this set, I kept it pretty open. Meaning no walls, ceiling etc. I did want to try a new camera tool that I picked up at DAZ studio. https://www.daz3d.com/iray-envirocam This IRAY camera has some great features I’m still investigating ways to use in my renders. It allows more depth to an image via multi layered panels that can be adjusted to suite many types of images. And, it’s simple enough to use for many proof of concepts. I actually used the cameras rainbow and haze on this image, https://josephkravis.com/2017/09/18/summer-is-drifting-away/ . These are a few of the effects. Depth Haze, Dust, Ground Fog, Rain, Snow, Darkness, Clouds, and an Explosion! I’m using the multi panels with explosion for this image. And, this is where the strange issues with image creation cropped up.
I had started with (Marcela G3) first but when zooming in I did not like how the skin started to look like polygons gone crazy. :-). This was also based on DAZ’s genesis 3 model form. I actually chose Marcela as I liked the provided skin. https://www.daz3d.com/hpvyk-marcela-for-genesis-3-female But, now not sure If I’ll keep Marcela due to skin issues at enlarged size.
For both images I started off with a resolution of (10,000 x 13,000) which I think makes for a nicer image when viewing and is a good opportunity at learning how to do book covers and promos for myself and others if they’ed like. But with this image using Drusilla https://www.daz3d.com/drusilla-for-genesis-8-female, at about 29% I saw that this was starting to resemble the Russian Lomography camera images that had all this very cool double exposure and even multiple exposure happening. I stopped the render which I shouldn’t have done perhaps a little too soon. Sometimes time is a factor and as I try new things I save and reopen projects often hence the stopping of is render. Bummer for me. I also want to point out the different actors used in the scene as the two had a vast difference in rendering issues.
The skin in Marcela, needs more research as the face looks great it’s parts like the legs that require note. With Drusilla, Not sure if its a real issue. But, I found when using geo shells to add underwear and such at least with this shirt the hidden part of the shirt keeps coming back into the scene and the items utilizing the geo shells don’t appear correctly. More research and experiments are on the way. 🙂 I don’t really have a final version or test of this image done. But, once complete I’ll update this post with the final image or idea. The actors and cloths may change but I’m keeping the set for testing. Well, actually it’s simple as saving as 🙂 to get multiple sets out of this.
By the way save your projects often as I’ve had DAZ crash right after doing a lot of work. I wish there was a smart auto-save configurable feature so that right before the render button is selected perhaps run a save. And, there isn’t truly a versioning mechanizm of saves. For example. I:\ArtProjects\DAZProjects\project 001.duf, I:\ArtProjects\DAZProjects\project 002.duf. Could even append date on file name. Still would be nice to have this auto-save feature.As always comments are always welcome.
ITEMS USED IN THIS PRODUCTION CREDITS
I make a few and buy a few things like some do, I’m just sharing in hopes that you can benefit from my experiments.
- DAZ STUDIO
- DAZ 4.9++, will move to 4.10 when further along in dev versus pre-release.
- Drusilla for genesis 8 female
- Marcela for genesis 3 female
- IRAY Envionment Camera
- Not much use out of this but still cool the Tiered Lace Outfit
- Digital Ring Flash
- Emilia Hair
- Shanda Hair G3F (Does not seem to work well in this image)
- Gem Jewelry for both G3 & G8
- Sexy Skins Panties ( Uses Geo Shell)
SOME SETTINGS USED IN THIS PRODUCTION
- Tone Mapping
- Set Overview