Thinking outside the box should be done by everyone yet most people that attempt to think outside of the box are not very creative in those endeavors.
Group brain storming sessions can serve as a catalyst for generating actionable ideas or ideas that sound silly but are still cataloged for later re-investigation.
If I don’t work on being creative, I can fall into that pattern as well. Like anything else you must practice. If you’ve got creative tendencies what are you doing to nurture those creative ideas?
These are just a couple of things that I do when creative evaluation of ideas is required. Hell, I doodle and draw all the time. It seems my favorite doodles if you can call them that are squares followed by “X”‘s in the squares. 🙂
An Active Mind
Not sure why. My mind is pretty active and I enjoy the creative challenges that can be accomplished by a few thought provoking ideas.
- Start The Ideas…
Nine Dots Puzzle
The Nine dots puzzle is often used to help describe thinking outside the box. Will AI, in ways not yet discovered create something more meaningful then the nine dot puzzle?
With perhaps unlimited storage to store model after model of ideas, thoughts and patterns, eventually there will no longer be a need for man to think outside the box. we’ll just ask one of the digital assistants to think for us and that my friends is a tragedy waiting to happen.
Driven By Algorithmic Patterns
As it is, Robots are driven by algorithmic patterns that AI will be able to adjust as it sees fit. AutoML (http://www.ml4aad.org/automl/) will seem like creativity but to us it will seem foreign and at times will be frustrating because we want emotional answers and not logic bombs. 🙂
Alas, AI is already here and is improving with each new advancement in technology.
Mathematical models are being used to help determine who makes parole, who’s approved for a loan, and who gets hired for a job. All these are fine and dandy because computers and algorithms can process huge amounts of information and presents what if finds after analysis of the data.
Man must not run out of questions to ask. If we run out of questions to ask, it will be our fault when things get out of hand. Life is not about a bunch of AI driven robots. And, Robots of the future could determine we’re just toys that can be discarded when we’re no longer amusing.
AI has the potential to augment human creativity and thinking, rather than replace it. AI can provide new perspectives and insights that can help people to think outside the box and generate innovative ideas. For example, AI can analyze vast amounts of data and identify patterns and correlations that humans might not be able to detect on their own. This can lead to new ideas and solutions that might not have been possible otherwise.
- Thinking outside the box
- is still a valid concept and skill that humans need to develop. While AI can assist with generating new ideas and solutions, it is ultimately up to humans to interpret the insights and generate novel and creative ideas based on them. Human creativity, imagination, and intuition are still essential for coming up with truly innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Thinking outside the box
- remains valid and important even with the help of AI. While AI can provide valuable insights and assistance in exploring various topics, it’s crucial for humans to continue engaging in creative and innovative thinking. AI can be a powerful tool to support and enhance human creativity, but it cannot fully replace the unique perspectives, experiences, and intuition that humans bring to the table.
Using AI as an outside-the-box approach can be beneficial in several ways:
- AI can help identify patterns and connections that may not be immediately apparent to humans, offering new perspectives on a problem or topic.
- AI can quickly process large amounts of data and generate potential solutions or ideas, saving time and allowing humans to focus on more complex or creative aspects of problem-solving.
- AI can simulate various scenarios or test different ideas, providing valuable feedback and allowing for better-informed decision-making.
However, it’s important to recognize the limitations of AI as well. AI models are based on the data they have been trained on, and they may not be able to generate truly novel ideas or account for factors outside their training data. In this regard, human creativity and critical thinking remain essential for pushing boundaries and exploring uncharted territory.
In summary, thinking outside the box is still valid and necessary with AI’s help, as humans and AI can complement each other in the creative process. While AI can provide valuable support, it should be viewed as a tool rather than a replacement for human creativity and innovation.
Thank you! For visiting this post! Your time and interest are truly appreciated. If you found the content engaging or thought-provoking, please feel free to share your thoughts or insights in the comments.
Thoughts & Ideas, Joseph Kravis 🙂