This is more about awareness and hopefully those reading will discern and to go read and search for themselves about privacy and issues that will and could affect them. Please read on if you’re interested. The attached links are part of a few that I read from.
Lately the news isn’t very friendly towards consumers. Governments and companies have taken up the idea that’s it’s up to them to reveal or label folks as trustworthy or not. I’m not sure if it’s obvious that consumers are nothing more than an asset that needs micromanagement and cohesion as directed by a power other than ourselves. But, just a thought.
The headlines dealing with privacy alone should give you pause. The bad actors are out there and want you, your data, your friend’s data and all data that can be correlated to your existence. Harsh? Perhaps, but if consumers don’t wake up and take action with their own privacy. Shame on us.
- We’re living in a sci-fi reality or some of us are as it doesn’t’ seem there is a valid defense against protecting our privacy. Are we all marked people?
- When logging into google to read mail and that’s the only time I actually log in which is just as bad.
- Don’t get this wrong. OK. As this is being done in China too. With IOS12, giving out trust ratings, won’t be long before this happens to you without you knowing they’re gathering this data.
- All, cloud services have some issues and most reserve the right to scan for “WHAT THEY DEEM” as objectionable content. Wow, not only will AI monitor, but people could eventually look at your “SECURE DOCUMENTS” as well.
Here is something to be aware of. Have you logged into your router from a mobile device or home computer? That would be a crazy question but I’m sure you have. Well, those devices most like have sent those passwords and router id to a server on the web some place, on someone else’s computer.
Granted you as a user/consumer of the device must know and authorize the backup and restoration of such things like data, passwords, including Wi-Fi passwords.
- Amazon offers this for devices
- Even Apple
I suppose that those companies could have been beached in one fashion or another. Oh WAIT some have then it’s possible that WI-FI passwords could have leaked?? Great question.
As with most things, please use caution and become aware of issues facing everyone in a rapidly changing world. Encrypted in transit but not in storage?
Thoughts & Ideas, Joseph Kravis 🙂